Old 28-06-2006, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Help with bed design please

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
e to the power i (pie) = -1 where i = sqrt -1

Euler's Idenity. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler%27s_identity

Extraordinary, linking five of the most fundamental numbers in maths,
but a proof of God? Can't see it myself. It might just be a proof
that mathematics is an unbounded, closed, non-involute manifold.
(except it isn't)

The astonishing thing is that two of the numbers are transcendental,
and two are integers.

Agreed. It was the religious mathematicians that claimed "A God" thingy, or
was it the Theoretical chemists:-)

I just love it when people do this: makes me feel I'm mixing with the
intellectual aristocracy. Some of the Americans in alt.usage.english
are awe-inspiring with number theory and such-like: why wasn't I taught
real maths as a kid?

--
Mike.