Old 28-06-2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Phal fertilizing question

That's interesting. I suppose it explains why some of my orchids were
blooming fine with the regular 10-15-10. It's liquid, & the box says 7
drops per litre, & I've been using it at half strength, but not every
watering -- rather every other, or every when-I-have-time.
A couple others have bloomed since I started using the 19-31-17 orchid
fertilizer (is this enough P to count as a bloom booster?); but the
potinara may just be getting to blooming size anyway. The ascocentrum,
however, put up 2 spikes instead of the 1 it's been making erratically
since I got it.
Thanks also for explaining about watering first. I thought you had to
do that, precisely because of the root-burning problem. I will change
my method, & it will take less time

Alison