Old 28-06-2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Black Alge?

In article ,
Koi-Lo My impersonator is Roy TJ Hauer aka Roy. wrote:
OK... I have 55g tanks and 10g tanks,... all planted. I would love the
information and where I can get cheap fertilizers without the high cost of
shipping and handling ($18 per order). Potassium nitrate is not available
in my area.

-------------------
From: Richard Sexton - view profile
Date: Mon, Mar 27 2006 12:15 am

In article ,

Koi-Lo wrote:

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:
Do you know a good online place to buy hydroponic fertilizers? I can't
find
anywhere local that sells the stuff.

http://gregwatson.com

=========================
Thanks Richard.

---------------------------

From: Richard Sexton - view profile
Date: Mon, Feb 27 2006 1:33 pm
In article ,

Koi-Lo wrote:
Not aquarium fertilizers.

$3.79 for 8 oz. of aquarium fertilizer isn't cheap when you have a lot of
tanks, some of them large.

You're paying for water and platic. You need to get the dry checmicals
from gregwatson.com or any hydroponics.com franchise. $4 a pound for
KN03 will treat aobuot 10,000 gallosn for about a year.

----------------------------

From: Richard Sexton - view profile
Date: Wed, Mar 29 2006 4:54 pm
In article ,

Koi-Lo wrote:

"2pods" wrote in message
I use Seachem "Flourish".
I'm also thinking about Seachem "Excel" in addition.

These are excellent products but it can get expensive if you have a lot of
tanks or have large tanks.

True enough. But, http://www.gregwatson.com sells powders in bulk
so you can make your own. Excel has no second source though (dammit).

Greg's stuff is very very cheap.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net