Old 29-06-2006, 12:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mary Beth

Default OT Book Moles ?

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Mary Beth said:

:
From _Fieldbook of Natural History_ by Palmer (Cornell U.) and
Fowler (Penn. State U.)

All I can say is a HUGE THANK YOU!!
I had three copies over the years, (had it as a Biology major in
college),
and have always loved it. Twice it was borrowed and lost, but they
replaced
it. The third time, never knew what happened!
Anyway, I have been trying to find this book everywhere, even looked in
amazon for YEARS. All I needed this time was the name, and it came up!

But if you hadn't brought it up I just may have never looked again, (even
tho this time it was nice to have the author's names, I had forgotten
them),
and reading your post made me go check it out *one more time*, just in
case!
Not in print, anymore, which is why I couldn't get it even at the college
libraries I looked/called, but I got a great deal on a used, but like new
copy.

I'd asked for it on e-bay for a long time, and never got an answer for
it.
Had been checking all kinds of places, college libraries, for used books,
no avail.

Thanks again and again.....

You're welcome, it's definately a "must have" in my library. =)

Hardback:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007...lance&n=283155

First edit. (1949):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fieldbook-of-Nat...cmdZView Item

HTH
--
Eggs

Oh it helps!! Hopefully anyone else looking for a great book, will order it.
I got it coming in for $11.00 total with S&H. I'll be a happy gal when
it's back in my home library!
I've got it ordered already, before I sent that note out, got it being
shipped by tomorrow. It's funny to see the first edition book on the e-bay
site! Looks a lot older, but as soon as I saw the pic on amazon, I knew it
was mine!

You really did help me out with just the mention of it. I think I gave up
looking for a few years now. g

Thanks again,
MaryBeth