Old 28-06-2006, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice

Default Meeces

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:36:22 +0100, David Rance wrote:

I want to know whether those sonic thingummies work.

So, what do you think? Do they work, or would I be wasting my money?

You're probably better of finding the snake that the oil came from and
using that to hunt the meece.

Have any of you got any other humane ideas for gently evicting meeces
from houses?

Make the place uncomfortable for mice. Clear up *all* food scraps, even
bread crumbs on the floor. Keep food in places the meeece can't reach or
sealed in sturdy containers. Go around the outside of you house blocking
up all holes (other than ventilation bricks or similar) bigger than 5/16"
or so dia.

We use the rentokil humane trap baited with Nuttella for catch the little
darlings each autumn. They are then transported 5 miles onto the fells,
they don't come back. We used to let them go at the bottom of the paddock
but after catching one mouse, with a torn ear, 5 times in a week revised
that policy...

The fact you have 'em inside at this time of year isn't a good sign.

Yes, get a weasel. We've had a weasel in our house for several months
and we haven't a single meece in that time.

We have Stoats, outside mind. Only the Shrews and Meece come a visiting
indoors.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail