Old 29-06-2006, 05:26 AM posted to rec.ponds
BB

Default Other fish than Gold or Koi in Pond?

Besides the usual carp family of Goldfish and Koi, what other types of fish
have been successfully kept in an outdoor pond?

I would *really* like to try something like guppies but I jus' plain don't
know what would happen. I know guppies (and assorted tropicals) like
warmer water and will probably either die or have to be fished out (HA!)
come winter. (I currently just have four of the $0.12 feeder gold fish at
about 2-3 inches each and the assorted California Toad and occasional
Pacific Tree Frog; no tadpoles, dammit...)

Air temps range in the upper 90s to 110-ish in summer here. Water temp,
well, I wish I knew. The thermometer got broken... But it goes pretty
warm. Still waitin' for the WH to multiply enough to shade the thing.

--Bryan (who hopes he doesn't have the filters turn up too high in the
group and filters out reasonable replies....)

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *