Old 18-03-2003, 10:56 AM
brian

Default Seven Biggest Cat Boxes in the County

I want to thank everyone for thier suggestions to a solution to my cat
problem.

I tried lemon peels (someone suggested orange peels. I used lemons
because I have a lemon tree in the yard and 99% of them go to waste
anyways - does this make a difference?) and they didn't have any
effect. Maybe I didn't use enough. I just cut up a bunch of peels into
maybe 1 x 2 inch pieces and scattered them around. Maybe 1 every foot
or so.

I tried black pepper because I happened to have some, but this didn't
deter her either.

My next step is to try chyenne pepper. I know I said I didn't want to
use this for fear of her gouging out her own eyes, but I'm getting
desperate and I really can't imagine her doing that.

If this doesn't work, I'm gonna break down and build a fence. I know I
said I was too lazy for a fence, but she dug up another batch of seeds
and has really cheesed me off.

Anyways, the local hardware store has some fencing stuff on the cheap
that looks both durable and really easy to install.

My new question is about the fence. The one in question is two feet
tall. I recall reading (perhaps in this thread) that cats don't like
jumping over things. They'll jump up onto things and jump off things,
but not over things. Will two feet be tall enough? She's definately
what I call a "happy" cat (i.e. well fed) and can't get out of the
back yard without the gate being open. Any taller than two feet, and I
won't be able to get over it (I'm a bit "happy" myself).

Thanks again,

b.