Old 29-06-2006, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default moving rosemary

Sacha wrote:
On 29/6/06 11:02, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

Hi we have quite a few rosemary shrubs and the wife tried to move one
recently and it just died.

So I tried to move another to fill the gap and it too looks to be dying
, even though I enriched the earth with a bit of multipurpose compost
and also watered it well.

Do the just not like being moved or is this just the wrong time of year
to be doing it ?

Most things are best moved when they're dormant and Rosemary is not just
now! The other thing is that they, like many other herbs, don't like
over-rich soil or a lot of water. I'm afraid it looks as if they were
battling with conditions that were just too stressful for them.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

chalk another one off to experience

It'll give me something else to grow for next year

Is now a good time to be taking cuttings from my other Rosemaries and
if so what's the best method to do this ?