Old 29-06-2006, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default moving rosemary

On 29/6/06 14:27, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 29/6/06 11:02, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

Hi we have quite a few rosemary shrubs and the wife tried to move one
recently and it just died.

snip

Most things are best moved when they're dormant and Rosemary is not just
now!

snip

chalk another one off to experience

It'll give me something else to grow for next year

Is now a good time to be taking cuttings from my other Rosemaries and
if so what's the best method to do this ?

Now is a good time. Take a young 3" shoot which is torn off the parent
plant leaving a 'heel'. Plant up in potting compost and keep at around 15C.
You can either plant them round the edge of a pot, with say, 5 cuttings to a
1l pot, or if you have them, you can use plugs. Water from below but don't
overdo it! Bear in mind when you plant them out into the garden that
Rosemary likes fairly sandy, free-draining conditions and a lot of sun.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk