Old 29-06-2006, 05:25 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl
hi everyone,can anyone tell me what to feed and how to care for my toad lily that i have in my garden...thanks.
Are you having any problems? Mine gets plenty of neglect and does fine.
You've planted it somewhere with some shade, yes? I water it when it looks thirsty, which isn't very often, even on my dry soil, and I cut down the dry canes in winter. The only fertiliser mine gets is a few osmocotes I scatter generally over the bed once a year, and it grows/flowers quite enough without me wanting to give it any extra.

It will flower better by the 2nd or third year. It will flower in about September.