Old 29-06-2006, 09:05 PM
ndoe ndoe is offline
Registered User

Default Honeysuckle Leaf loss

Hi All,

I'm hoping I might leran some possible reasons for major leaf loss which we've had for the second year running on a honeysuckle which we planted early last summer. It's sited against a 2 meter high fence and trellis facing west and appeared to grow quickly with plenty of bright green foliage. Within a month the leaves started to fall off low down, gradually spreading further up the stems but leaving new foliage at the end of the stems. The leaves turn a mottled yellow/ brown and there were no flowers last summer. This summer the same thing has happened again.

I initially wondered if the soil acidity could be a problem, removed the covering of decorative stones which I'd used to cover the ground around it and checked the pH which is 6.5. I haven't been able to find any information about what would be ideal. The only other possible cause I have found on the internet is mildew. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance....