Old 29-06-2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Default Pondless waterfall idea?

I'll even post iot under my own name.......
me thinks your a ****ing scatter brain that wrote a lot but did not
say a dam thing. Go set down, have a couple of beers and then give it
another go.

First off no one really cares if it is used when yourr ousidet or not
outside on a Monday or a Friday and how often its used.its
irrevalent, same for its water source............get to the basics and
the facts and don;t bore us with trival shit!

On 29 Jun 2006 06:16:36 -0700, wrote:

Hi All.

I have an idea for a pondless waterfall using an existing irrigation
system and I'd like to hear your reactions to it.

The planned waterfall will be run intermittently when we are outside
enjoying the patio and sun, say 2-3 hours at a time 3-4 days a week.

My plan is to run a 1" line from a nearby irrigation manifold to the
top of the waterfall into a waterfall wier. I have a well and this way
the well pump would be used to provide the water just as it does for
the irrigation system. I would also use the irrigation control panel
to control the waterfall. The well pump is powerful and would provide
plenty of water. I will probably add a control valve to the line
feeding the waterfall so I can limit the amount of water going into the
waterfall

At the bottom of the waterfall I would dig a pit, place a receptacle
like a sumppump container, and then run a 4" exit line using drain
tile. The drain tile would run downhill to either a fabric-lined pit
filled with gravel or an existing pond. So, this system would not
recirculate. The power would come from the existing well pump and the
water would drain into a gravel pit or a pond.

What do you think? Do you see any problems with this system? It seems
so simple but I've search far and wide and haven't run across a similar
system. I fear I'm missing something important. Any advise would be
appreciated!

Rick