Old 29-06-2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Wëndălen©

Default Black Alge?

Save your breath, CArol is a freaking dumbass that is not in the habit
of taking anyones suggestions. Only she knows what is best.Everyone
else is guessing and does not have a clue.

..On 29 Jun 2006 11:43:58 -0700, wrote:

OK... I have 55g tanks and 10g tanks,... all planted. I would love the
information and where I can get cheap fertilizers without the high cost of
shipping and handling ($18 per order). Potassium nitrate is not available
in my area.

Have you tried Home Depiot , Lowes, Canadian Tire etc?
They sell stump remover.

You may want to get some ferts locally if you refuse to pay a shipping
charge, gas and running around will cost a fair amount also.

1lb or KNO3 and 1 lb of KH2PO4 and maybe some CMS+B(the trace element
dry mix which is enough to make several gallons of trace mix for 1
pound) might make that shiiping charge seem for cheap.

For 25$ or so with the shipping, you can fertilize the tank for several
years and have much better growth, thus you can send and sell the
plants easy and make up that few $ in shipping charge.

You obviously have enough $$$ to have hobbies like aquariums and plants
etc, so do not give me the poor me routine.

That's your own barrier you place on yourself there.
You have luxury items like pets, 18$ can be had by selling plants,
other things laying around if a fixed income is really the issue.

If I want something, I go get it.

But you certainly do not "need" an aquarium......nor do I...........
You can check locally, but the shipping barrier is of your own creation
and getting the ferts which are dirt cheap and last a long time will
provide the means to grow the plants much better, you just do not think
that is true is all and not worth your time/$.
Try and get the ferts of a commericial brand cheaper, you cannot do
it.They might cost less initially but after one round of dosing, there
goes the cost and you have to pay tax, extra for a pretty label and you
get 500X less ferts.

That's fine, but it's not because they are $$ on shipping.
18$ can be had many ways if the cost is an issue.
Ebay or Craig's list something.

We got brains, so putting them use to pay for something you want is not
too hard.

Our local plant club suspended memebership dues 2 years ago.
We generate all of our funds via plant sales to other clubs, local
folks, ebay, CL's, local fish societies that often do not have many
plants but pay well for them......
So membership is not an issue for new folks.

You might want to piggy back on someone else local to share on the
shipping also......

You have many options and ways to get around the $ issue.
But that's up to you..........

Regards,
Tom Barr