Old 29-06-2006, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice

Default Meeces

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:54:14 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

Because they will not have access to the sort of food they are used to,
so they will starve.

Erm, I'm talking about the field mice that come in for the warmth in the
autumn. Not namby pamby townee house mice.

How do you know for certain that it is a suitable mouse habitat?

'cause it's pretty much the same as the habitat that surrounds our house.
The release place might actually be better as there is a pine plantation,
thus lots of cones with seeds... The rest is the same rough ungrazed
grass and moorland with drystone walls.

So you are happy for them to be killed, possibly slowly and very
painfully, but too cowardly to do it yourself?

Stoats, owls, merlin, kill pretty damn quick. Overfed domestic moggies
are the ones that play with their "kills" 'cause they are doing it for
fun not to survive.

whereas a cat will torment it for hours.

Perzackerly, there are one or two cats around here but they aren't
overfed domestic moggies. They are farm cats that regulary take rabbits.
I have the photos if you don't belive me.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail