Old 30-06-2006, 01:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Pissman

Default Other fish than Gold or Koi in Pond?

Tropicals mare much nicer n a largepreform than GF are. We have a 65
with 4 male bettas and 9 females with 3 nests right now and fighting
is not a problem. Total of 11 preforms and other water features
allloaded with tropcials.Gourami, cichiids, guppys, platys (look like
miniature GF anyhow) barbs, tetras and a first this year 10 angles.On
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:06:11 -0500, Lar wrote:

In article . 201,
says...
Besides the usual carp family of Goldfish and Koi, what other types of fish
have been successfully kept in an outdoor pond?

I have a preformed pond roughly 7x9 feet 2 feet deep around 300 gallons.
Mine has the fancy guppies...mollies...platys...bettas (no they don't
fight each other when they have room to claim a spot) ...long finned
danios (nice to watch at night, very active) black skirted tetras (neat
to watch during the day)..and some sort of red tetra, all need to be
removed before a temperature drop. The gold fish and their fry along
with the White cloud minnows will survive the winter.