Old 30-06-2006, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Another plant id please

On 30/6/06 12:48, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

Spouse is desperate to know what this plant is.

http://i5.tinypic.com/167nktv.jpg

It grew in our garden last year as a volunteer, we left it because it had
such an interesting form. this grows right at the edge of a trodden earth
path, next to a concrete block

The flower is tiny, just a few stamens. The leaf stems have a bluish bloom
which doesn't show on the picture. This specimen is about three feet high
(1m).
It seeded last year and there have been several seedlings which we've had to
pull out to plant vegetables.

It would be nice to know.

Mary

p.s. I tried sending this last night, my sent items box says it went but it
didn't appear on my ng screen. If this is a duplicate I apologise.

It's a wild Euphorbia which, IME, never comes to much. It's the one they
call caper spurge, I think (Euphorbia lathyrus). But don't try pickling
those seeds!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk