Old 30-06-2006, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default White Dolomite as a decorative aggregate?

"NickC" wrote in message

I am about to give my front garden a "make-over" and I intend to have a
low maintenance area with a white gravel and a few interesting plants.

I have seen white dolomite available, and it would give the effect I am
looking for, but would it affect the pH of the ground and cause a
problem getting suitable plants?

Are there any other white aggregates I could use that are more inert?
Nick.

I can't address the pH question, but I have some questions for you. What
will you be planting in this white area? And, have you seen any natural
settings where the ground was white? If yes, do you recall what was growing
there?