Old 30-06-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hal

Default White Dolomite as a decorative aggregate?

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:27:22 +0000, NickC
wrote:

I have seen white dolomite available, and it would give the effect I am
looking for, but would it affect the pH of the ground and cause a
problem getting suitable plants?

I use garden lime, (ground dolomite limestone.) in my pond and it
dissolves until the pH of the water reaches 7.8. Might work good to
plant some hydrangea if that area is part shade and if you like pink.
I never check the pH of my soil, but most of my hydrangea are blue
unless I toss a cup of garden lime on one during the winter, then it
turns pink.

Regards,

Hal