Old 30-06-2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AndyS

Default what is this mysetery vegetable?

Dawn wrote:
Something tells me it's not "Hales Best Jumbo Cantelope" like I thought
I planted.

younger green fruit: www.reddawn.net/temp/veg2.jpg

older and starting to turn orange! : www.reddawn.net/temp/veg1.jpg

Could this be a pumpkin? (That would explain why I had orange zucchini
last week)

Dawn

Andy writes:
It looks like a punkin to me.....

I remember back in high school when a carload of us got drunk and
decided to go out in the country and raid a watermellon patch. We
grapped 3 or 4 good sized ones, and were drove away just as the
farmer was firing his shotgun ( into the air, thank God)..
When we stopped and cut the things open, we had stolen some
really nice pumpkins....... Looked a lot like your picture......
.... when we got them into the light.......

Moral: Never steal watermellons without a flashlight,...

Andy in Eureka, Texas