Old 30-06-2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Marco Schwarz

Default Black Alge?

Hi..

Well, they are not dealing specifically with aquarium
either........

Sorry but those biologists are fish keepers, too.

I am specifically an Aquatic biologist

Yes.

and I deal
specifically with algae and aquatic weeds. Natural systems
are radically different than artifical ones like our
tanks. More variables...........

Well.., took notice of your link and several posts in public
databases. Thanks for all..!

Generalizing for all BGA's in natural systems?
That's too general and too complex to say.

See above-mentioned.

"Well known" does not imply they are right or
effective.......just that they are well known.......

:-) Those methods I described are of course effective, too.

Well, drive the NO3 down and see.

Well.., I've some personal experiences in avoiding (black
and other) algae and personally I don't miss them.

www.BarrReport.com

Interesting page I will study soon..! Thanks.
--
cu
Marco