Old 30-06-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default bird feeding

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article et, Sally
Thompson writes
I have never known a bird eat a plant.

You must be joking! Pigeons have eaten through all my crop of calabrase,
broccoli and sprouts and I'm having to put some more plants in and
consider netting as it's really bad this year.

It is, magpies and woodpigeons have learned to get into y small plots in
hurdle enclosures. Bean netting across the top has solved the problem, at
least temporarily.

Mary

Not to mention sparrows eating the crocus and primroses, and bullfinches
haveing all the buds on the forsythia, and I still don't know which bird
pulls all the onion sets up each year!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk