Old 30-06-2006, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

Default strawberry tubs

Have you seen the price of them? Outragous!!
I don't even like strawberries but the tortoise does so I grow them for
him. I got given a tall plastic laundry basket, minus its lid, lined it with
a black bin liner, filled it with home made compsost, cut a couple of the
upright plastic bits all around it and planted strawberry plants in it. I
have such a huge crop that the tortoise gets one for breakfast every day and
there are still plenty left to give the guinea pigs a treat each too.