Old 30-06-2006, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Another plant id please

On 30/6/06 21:53, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
It's a wild Euphorbia which, IME, never comes to much. It's the one they
call caper spurge, I think (Euphorbia lathyrus). But don't try pickling
those seeds!

Was not this the plant that David Poole mentioned as illustrating the
North/South divide? Up here it's supposed to be biennial and in the south an
annual.
I am surprised you find the thing never comes to much. As the picture shows
it is quite an unusual and strange beast. Did you mean the flowers are
insignificant or is this the one thing we Northerners grow better you:-)

Impossible! ;-) But no, it's not a very exciting Euphorbia, given all the
others we can and do grow! I quite like its greenness but I don't like its
invasiveness. Normally, I welcome plants that seed themselves all over the
place but I did pull a lot of these out earlier this year.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk