Old 01-07-2006, 05:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Hembree

Default Landscape Lighting for BIG Trees

We are considering putting lighting in some large trees (40'tall and 60'
width) in our yard. We live in Tulsa, OK if that matters. I am working
on putting in an irrigation system and while the ditches are there,
might as well put in some power to the trees for lighting.

I prefer to not mess with the low voltage lighting and transformer -
prefer to just use the 110v comming straight from the house (using 12/2
UF cable). I am not opposed to using a trasformer, but it will be
easier for me to just use 110v.

Can anyone recommend outdoor lighting for the trees - would like some to
be pointed up and some pointed down to the ground.

Thanks!