Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman

Default Lemon Tree

Bob Hobden wrote:

Get it outside in the sun asap, keep it watered but never let it
remain wet, never use a water tray. Water with rainwater if possible,
feed every other watering and flush through on the other watering so
as not to get a salts build up in the pot. I'm watering (flooding)
mine twice a week now. Bring it back in at the first forecast of
frost in your area.

Thanks for the information. My lemon tree has lost leaves on the stems
that have fruit on them, but is thriving and growing elsewhere.

Not too sure what you mean by 'flush through' and 'flooding' though. I
thought too much water caused leaf loss?

Others state that drying out of compost is good. It's confusing as to
how one can give citrus ideal care.

Is this care right?

Keep indoors in winter and feed with winter feed when required.
Keep outside in summer and water weekly.
Feed with summer feed fortnightly.
Hose down in summer occasionally.
Prune in spring.