Old 01-07-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar

Default Cucumber beetles continued

In article , "Matthew
Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam says...
These pests are devestating my cukes, squash, and are nibbling on my beans
and sunflowers. I don't want to use the chemicals because the plants are
starting to produce - my zuccinnis are exploding, cukes are blooming, etc.
What works with these things, but won't render the fruit of the plants
inedible?

-- There are BT strains for beetles, but not sure if I have ever seen it
on the consumer market yet....pyrethrum spray has no residual so a
spraying at night should help a lot and not bother your harvest time.
Lar