Old 18-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Texensis

Default Live Oak Questions...

"Terry Horton" wrote in message
news | On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:26:18 GMT, Hombre
| wrote:
|
| It seems I have two kinds of Live Oaks in my yard. One is just now
| gaining foliage, is a bit straighter than the others that are
losing
| leaves.
|
| Anyone know other differences or names.
|
| _Quercus pungens_ (scrub oak, sandpaper oak) somewhat resembles an
| upright live oak.

That having been said, we have several live oak trees and each one
follows a schedule different from all the others when it comes to
dropping its leaves in the spring--not that there's not some overlap,
but each begins and finishes on its own timetable.