Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Springtime

Default sickly plum tree

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I have a 3 year old plum tree who has problems. The tops of the leaves
are very sticky and underneath there are what look like aphids, I
suppose that I have answered my own question but if they are aphids how
do I treat a tree or has the damage been done, some leaves are curling.

kate

I'm afraid that this seems to happen most years especially in this type of
hot weather.
Whilst it is a pain & unsightly, it doesnt seem to have much effect on the
tree & it's fruit production.
My victoria has been planted 15 years now & has been very productive on 12
of them.

SH