Old 18-03-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default When to use a check valve?

My current pond design (It hasn't changed in about 8 weeks. Those of you
that follow the BV pond escapade, know what kind of feat that is) is going
to be about 2200 gallons, with about a 300 gallon VF. Upstream from the VF,
I plan to have a pump house that will draw from the VF and empty into the
main pond. The main pond will feed the VF via a skimmer and a bottom drain.

Should I have a check valve in the output pipe to prevent water from
returning via the send? Everything in this system will be roughly on the
same level, so I do not think I will have problems with drainage if the pump
dies.

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.