Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default sickly plum tree

I have a 3 year old plum tree who has problems. The tops of the leaves
are very sticky and underneath there are what look like aphids, I
suppose that I have answered my own question but if they are aphids how
do I treat a tree or has the damage been done, some leaves are curling.

kate

I'm afraid that this seems to happen most years especially in this type of
hot weather.
Whilst it is a pain & unsightly, it doesnt seem to have much effect on the
tree & it's fruit production.
My victoria has been planted 15 years now & has been very productive on 12
of them.

SH

Good to know that this is a comman problem, I was thinking about pruning
some of the branches where there is no fruit - not that there is much
anyway - will the bugs spread, does anyone think it would be harmful,
must buy a book on fruit trees :-)

kate