Old 02-07-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Tall Pots?

....and if you soak the pot first, it's even better.

wrote in message
oups.com...

jtill wrote:
Susan Erickson wrote:
On 29 Jun 2006 10:13:26 -0700, "jtill" wrote:

I cannot get a S/H pot big enough. I have a plastic dishpan ready to
drill and pot in that but it looks like a dishpan. So Bob suggested a
bulb pan (Glazed) and that looks good to me. So I found a pretty one
and plan to drill it for S/H and plug the bottom hole. .....

The best drills for clay pots are the special, very hard spade bits
used for drilling glass and ceramic tile, but you probably know that.

I've used them on glazed and unglazed pots; they cut through very fast
and leave nice, clean holes.

J. Del Col