Old 02-07-2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Waterfall Feature in front of tall Cedar Shrubs - Suggestions?

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Merriora" wrote in message
oups.com...

Koi-Lo wrote:
Would a hill for the waterfall look "out of place" in front of these
trees?
The most natural looking waterfalls are built into slopes or hillsides
above
the pond.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

===============================
A hill would be great, but I am working with a small area in that I
don't want the waterfall to take over my entire front yard. So in
reality, the hill will need to be rather steep and shallow if possible.
I would probably want to create the effect within a 5 - 7 ft depth
into a waterless pound (water disapearing into rocks or tiny pond on
the ground). * I am thinking waterless pond as I have a small child
and it will be within the front yard without a fence, so for safety and
legal reasons.)

I've been trying to search for some good examples online of small area
waterfalls, but haven't been able to find many.

Thanks,

RM

If you put in a small pre-form you can always fill it with rocks so a child
cannot fall in. Someday when the youngster is grown and you do have a
fence, you can remove the rocks. You will then have a nice little pond for
a few plants and goldfish.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.