Old 18-03-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default what flowers attract hummingbirds that will start from seeds/bulbs ?

On 18 Mar 2003 05:27:52 GMT, unity (DGiunti) wrote:

If they are really prolific fuscias could attract, but I have no personal
experience with them. The honeysuckle is a major attraction to them however.
Often I would see a couple of hummers in attendance to the vine at one time.
The males bark to drive others away and sort of claim the territory, at least
for the common variety that came by my yard. The first time you hear that
bark, you really wonder what in the heck is making that loud noise, then you
notice the humm, and then the hummer, and realize it's doing that!

Just for clarity, the noise hummingbirds make is called a trill, not a bark. I love
when the go trilling all over the garden! So much fun to watch.