Old 03-07-2006, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WRabbit

Default bird feeding

Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We were in Bristol yesterday and saw more magpies in a few hours
than we see in a week round here.

My wishes for their welfare are not at all kind ...
Jennifer - in Bristol

The neighbours must think I'm mad(der) because whenever I see one in our
garden I'm out of the kitchen clapping my hands to chase it away.

A couple of years back we heard a really distressed sounding bird in the
front garden. It was so loud it had woken us up (about 6am). A pair of
blackbirds were frantically trying to chase a magpie away frm their nest.
Unfortunately by the time I'd got some clothes on the magpie had suceeded.
It was heartbreaking.

I don't mind sparrowhawks, I can cope with the cheek of starlings. But
there's something evil about magpies.

--
NK
Follow spamtrap instructions to reply