Old 03-07-2006, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Hailstones the size of marbles in Bristol

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
On the way home from Scotland to Yorkshire last night we saw the most
stunning lightning displays, horizontal forking in various colours. It
was horribly hot though, until we got home when it rained the sort of
rain you don't get often but is very good at clearing and freshening the
air.

And making vegetables shoot up :-)

Wots rain? :-(

Oh, it's just water. God shows his opinion of certain places by weeing on
them ...

Mary
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Here in North Staffordshire it rain very heavily. Not unexpected I
spent the early morning watering all tubs, pots and newly planted trees.
Never mind the water butts have been replenished.