Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
a.c.

Default insect i.d. please

Malcolm wrote:
In article , Sue
writes
Elephant Hawk Moth?
Emperor Moth?

These things tricky to identify even when you have seen them! The "pink"
idea suggests moth to me but I'm just looking at a book and will no doubt be
proved wrong by a nexpert shortly.

I'm not sure if I'm a "nexpert", but have a look at:

http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/moth1.htm

--
Malcolm

Brilliant!
Thank you both.
What I was looking for was a sort of easy to... insect recognition
guide.... a bit like one of those tree identification books that start
of with, say, Is the leaf round or oval.?.. etc.
What I did was put "pink butterfly" into a search engine, and no doubt
you wont be toooo surprised that I got heaps of pages that had nowt to
do with butterflies (or moths)