Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph

Default Big healthy looking tomato plants but no fruit!

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:51:07 -0700, Licorice Tattoo wrote:

I know this has been posted about before but I am looking for some more
opinions on the subject. I've got two Big Boy tomato plants that I
bought when they were about an inch tall and I planted them in big
pots. They have grown into big sturdy plants, but I have no tomatoes,
not even a small one yet. The flowers turn brown and fall off. Can
someone give me some ideas?? I was looking forward to homegrown
tomatoes this summer. I live in St. Louis, MO, and its been nice and
sunny and warm, and I know they've gotten enough water. I also am
pretty sure I am not overwatering because I had to adjust my watering
since the soil was drying out.

Thanks!

I've got 3 dozen tomato plants in my garden and they don't have any signs
of tomatoes yet. The plants are big and healthy looking and they have
flowers but no sign of fruit. I put them in in early June so I'm hoping
it's just a matter of time. I'm in New England, we've had an incredible
amount of rain this year. Is there any hope that I'm going to get anything?