Old 04-07-2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph

Default Big healthy looking tomato plants but no fruit!

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:00:42 -0700, James wrote:

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:51:07 -0700, Licorice Tattoo wrote:

I've got 3 dozen tomato plants in my garden and they don't have any signs
of tomatoes yet. The plants are big and healthy looking and they have
flowers but no sign of fruit. I put them in in early June so I'm hoping
it's just a matter of time. I'm in New England, we've had an incredible
amount of rain this year. Is there any hope that I'm going to get anything?

Are they all one variety?

I've been able to harvest 6 Jolly tomatoes. Some of the other
varieties have some green fruits. My Pineapple tomatoes have flowers
only and some of them dropped. So I guess it depends on which variety
you got. Besides you've only had them in the ground for less than 30
days.

Several different varieties, Early Girls, Big Boys, and a couple of others.