Old 04-07-2006, 03:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default Phrag Court Jester

Howdy folks, young and old! ... and in between, of course!
This particular Phrag is pushing something from the base. I'm pretty
sure it's a new growth, but ... do phrags flower from the base or apex?
I also got a 54 inch chrome wire shelving unit for Fathers Day,
specificly for the plants, from my wife (still a bit surprised by that
g). Four shelves, 36 inches long and 14 inches wide. Set it up in
front of the window, and added one 30 watt fluorescent for the two
middle shelves, simply to supplement the available natural light (the
window faces east). So I guess I'm sticking a toe into the 'under
lights' subgroup of orchidaholism. And as a commited O/C I keep
fighting the urge to add more light fixtures, the urge to shift the
plants millimeters closer or farther away from the light, and the urge
to check them every few minutes to see how the plants are reacting to
the new situation!
Phew!
Bob - Philadelphia, Pa - I ended up giving most of the 'extra' plants
to family members, to help get them addicted too ... plus my birthday's
in October - ha ha ha!