Old 04-07-2006, 06:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

Default praying mantis in my garage.....

I would gently move him outside for 2 reasons. For you to stop worrying
about him and for him to be in his more natural environment. I suspect that
he got trapped in there somehow. Be careful with him as these guys are our
best friends in nature. (And it is illegal in NJ at least to harm them.)
Tomes

"JerseyMike" wrote in message
for the last 2 days i've had a baby praying mantis (about 2" long) living
on
the inside of my garage door. he seems healthy and is alive and looks at
me
like he saying "why do you keep looking at me dummy". my question is
should
i leave him in the garage hoping not to smush him by accident between the
garage door sections when closing them up or do i gently move him to a
section of the shrubs along the house. if i move him, do i move him into
the sunny area or shaded area?

thanks,