Old 04-07-2006, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damage to plant leaves irretrievable or not?

All the leaves of my brussel sprouts and calabrese have been badly
attacked by something or other which has left my tomato plants alone.
A lot of them look like they have been deeply bitten or cut with
something with serated edges. There are foxes around here but they
don't nibble greens do they? Slugs? But I haven't seen any.
Anyway, is it worth looking after these plants any more? Will they
regenerate their damaged leaves or should I call it a day?