Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Tree with birds nest - chopping it

In article ,
Malcolm writes:

| http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/em2004/uksiem_20041487_en.pdf
|
| I've read para 5, and the rest of the document, but haven't found
| anything relevant to whether to not a ruddy duck's nest can legally be
| destroyed. What part do you think is relevant?

What is it about "Section 1 of the Act makes it an offence to ... take,
damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird" that you don't understand?

| Your belief that it is illegal to do so is still wrong

As I said, possibly. But, when you have made such claims, and I have
checked them up, 2/3 of the time it is I that have been correct and
you that have been wrong. I am disinclined to read the 1981 Act and
subsequent legislation just to prove this yet again.

If you can provide any clear evidence for your statement, don't let
me stop you.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.