Old 04-07-2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jenny

Default Recommendation for online Hemerocallis source?

Jo Ann wrote:
I am thinking about reworking one of my flower beds primarily with
daylilies. I haven't found many good local sources (I'm fairly new to
the area). Can anyone recommend some good online sources? I was
daydreaming over my White Flower Farm catalog today, but previous
experience tells me they are probably as sky-high on their daylilies as
they are on most of their other offerings, so I'd definitely like to
shop around.

Thanks in advance!
Jo Ann

Jo Ann,

Where do you live?

There are any number of great places to buy locally in New England. I'm
an easy drive from three, two of which have a very wide assortment of
cultivars. The best one is in Deerfield, MA on River Road.

I don't like mail ordering because the pictures often don't look like
the plant. In fact, I won't buy day lillies that aren't in bloom, now,
because that's the only way I can really know what they're going to look
like.

--Jenny