Old 04-07-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ants

wrote:

This week's photo is more a question than a statement.

Walking across the lawn last week, I came upon this large group of ants
with an obviously keen interest in this particular patch of grass.

Question is: What on Earth are they doing?

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Looks to me like an ant war Jack. Using my magnifer I can see warriors
fighting in the group, at least that's what it looks like to me. Ants
will often fight over foraging grounds, sometimes of the same species
even. HTH

George