Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AndyS

Default Squirrel Repellent

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote: I've shot tree rats... but I eat them.
Tree squirrel is delicious.
--
Peace!
Om

Andy comments:

Yeah, but I got tired of skinning them... I had to do it all when the

wife went to town shopping......
I found the meat fairly tough, and not as good as chicken, so I
figure it's not worth the trouble for me....

They are fun to watch as they go about THEIR business. It's when
they go about MY business that I lose patience....If killing one or
two a year is what it takes to keep , literally , dozens, away from the

garden, then it is a small price to pay....

I just want them to be afraid to go in my garden... it seems to
work...

Andy in Eureka, Texas