Old 04-07-2006, 04:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default John Deere L120

"Swede" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a L120 riding lawn mower that is 2 1/2 years old. It doesn't
move forward or in reverse very fast. I replaced the drive belt and
that seemed to help some, but it's not right. It almost seems like
something is slipping inside and it gets worse the longer it runs.
Almost like the oil in it gets warm and allows something to slip.

Has anyone ever replaces the fluid in one of these hydrostatic
transmissions?

Thank you.

Swede

Yes - in my Wheelhorse 520H (20 HP Onan). Surprisingly my owner's manual
just called for regular 30 W oil. But you better check JD for yours. Mine
also has an oil filter for the hydro. Got my replacement at NAPA. If your
oil level is up to where it is supposed to be, I would check the shift
linkage.