Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sena

Default Are professional gardeners supposed to take the prunings etc away ???

said...
Or are they supposed to stuff it into my green wheelie bin ??

I am being told that they cannot take it away as they are not
registered carriers of waste, and they are charged to dump commerical
waste (even thou its domestic).

What am I too do.

Why on earth am I getting involved in a gardening group when I'm not a
gardener?

Anyway, your gardeners are probably telling the truth. They need a
licence to dump waste (it classes as commercial) and they are charged
per load or by weight that they dump. Garden waste should never be put
on a landfill site, so where are they supposed to take it? The local
council may well recycle garden waste, but commercial recycling is very
rarely free to the user (ask any school or small business if they can
recycle their paper free of charge - they'll probably say no) so the
payment problem crops up again. If your green wheelie bin is used for
recycling why shouldn't the waste be put therein? If it's a standard
bin that just happens to be green then it's up to you to make
arrangements with your contractors beforehand about the disposal of
waste. Sorry, but that's how it works.

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.