Old 04-07-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin

Default Plant ID, please help

The message
from "Basia Kulesz" contains these words:

This
http://www.fotogalerie.pl/fotka/2736731151826182793
http://www.fotogalerie.pl/fotka/2736731151826222255
should be some kind of Rudbeckia occidentalis. Not a beautiful plant, in
fact some of my friends thrown it disgustedly out of their gardens, but it
is certainly a curiosity. So - what is it? I thought of Rudbeckia, but the
leaves are not ovate.

Regards, Barbara.

It looks like a plant which is known as Rudbeckia occidentalis 'Green Wizard'.

Have a look at

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...ard%27 &hl=en

It's a plant which is easily grown from seed and is often offered as
being good for flower arranging. As you say it has its own particular
appeal.

Janet G