Old 05-07-2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.animals.wildlife,sci.misc
Mean Old Man

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ants

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:13:27 -0500, "Mindful"
wrote:

"Mean Old Man" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:05:36 -0500, "Mindful"
wrote:

You have some lovely pictures on your site. Butternut creek is beautiful.
So peaceful.

Thank You! I'm glad you like them. I had fun taking them.

See Ya!

MOM

wrote in message
egroups.com...
This week's photo is more a question than a statement.

Walking across the lawn last week, I came upon this large group of ants
with an obviously keen interest in this particular patch of grass.

Question is: What on Earth are they doing?

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Maybe they were preparing to migrate. The colony may have gotten to large
for the local food supply.

That's what I was going to say!

See Ya!

MOM

I've got photo's of bugs on my site Too
Visit my photo site.

Click on the Thumbnails for the full size photo.
Featuring Scenic, Nature, and Strange photos.
Updated Daily. Yes Daily. And the Pix are Free.

http://mom357.photosite.com/