Old 05-07-2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
kurtk

Default RIP Dona plants 2/27/06 - 7/4/06

Had to pull the Donas today. Had a decent crop, lost ~20% to the d$&n birds.

I spun the dice a bit by planting on 2/27 (Houston). Had a semi close call
with the frost once.

Hate to see them go, but it will be all worth it again next spring!!! I will
fill it in with Okra.

Still have some Romas in another bed that I planted three weeks after the
Donas. Only problem there is those d&$n sucker leaf bugs. Maybe I will spray
the semi-wild area behind me to see if that will curb them, as that is where
they lay.